Upper Limb Strengthening – Hand, Wrist, Elbow and Shoulder strengthening
* All exercises are to remind our patients and clients at KH Chiropractic & Sports Massage of what was recommended during their visit. All exercises should only be performed within pain free range. Please stop immediately if you feel the exercise is aggravating your complaint and let us know.
We do not recommend these to anyone we have not assessed.
1. Pendular Shoulder mobilisation
This exercise is good for getting very basic motion back in the shoulder perhaps following surgery or frozen shoulder (aka adhesive capsulitis). It removes the need to activate the muscles surrounding the shoulder joint and instead focuses on restoring mobility of the joint itself.
2. Trigger point release for the shoulder girdle (inc Rotator cuff)
Lots of trigger points (Trps) can build up round the shoulder from daily life eg desk work, carrying or even the gym. When we stress muscles they can get tight and contain tight areas which this release technique can help with.
3. Rotator cuff strengthening – Shoulder Rehabilitation
This shoulder strengthening exercise is aimed at helping people who have shoulder impingement syndrome, or rotator cuff tears. Strengthening here can reduce the pressure on the joints and ligaments, and open the gap where the muscle was being pinched. It is important to make sure the patients posture is good before starting this exercise, otherwise it could make things worse. Rotator cuff strengthening and improving posture encourages a healthy position for joints which can result in less wear and tear, as the body functions in the way it was designed.
These shoulder strengthening exercises are here to remind our patients, after they have been taught them in clinic. We recommend having a full Chiropractic or Sports Massage assessment before starting any of these exercises, and allow our practitioners to guide you on the most suitable for your individual complaint. To book a Chiropractic or Sports Massage appointment call us on 0203 633 0565 or book online at www.khchiropractic.com
* All exercises are to remind our patients and clients at KH Chiropractic & Sports Massage of what was recommended during their visit. We do not advise anyone who has not been recommended these by a healthcare professional to takes part in them. As will have been explained to you all exercises prescribed should only be done within your pain free range. Please stop an exercises that aggravate your complaint and let us know.